Parents are asked to monitor the route their child uses when travelling to and from school, and to ensure that their child is aware of road hazards, crossings and general safety rules.
Pedestrian Crossings Locations
- Chambers Flat Road, Marsden (Traffic Lights)
- Browns Plains Road, Marsden (Crossing Supervisors)
- Hickory Street, Marsden (Crossing Supervisors)
- Dean Street, Marsden (Pedestrian Crossing only)
Safe Riding of Bicycles, Skateboards and Scooters
Students riding bicycles, skateboards and scooters to and from school should:
- Have a roadworthy bicycle, skateboard or scooter.
- Wear an approved helmet and other safety gear, if required.
- Obey all road rules.
- Dismount bicycle, skateboard or scooter at all crossings.
- NOT ride in the school grounds (including riding on pedal etc.) when entering or leaving.
- Park and lock bicycle, skateboard or scooter in the designated area.
Stop, Drop and Go
The safety of students is our core business. All reasonable measures have been made to ensure your children remain safe and do not get injured when being picked up or dropped off at school. The school has adopted the 'Look Out' program to make it easier and quicker for students to get home from school. Of an afternoon, we offer a full functioning waiting area with a 'Stop, Drop and Go Zone' at the Dean Street exit. View the digital recording of how the zone operates.
This recording has also been translated into many different languages to cater for our community, in an effort to get the consistent message out about how to safely move around the school.
The 'Look Out' system can only work with the cooperation of everyone who uses the zone. So please remember the following to ensure your child's safety:
- The two minute loading zone is enforceable by law
- If your children are not able to be loaded within two minutes the law requires that you drive out of the zone
- You should either find a parking space elsewhere and locate your children in the school grounds, or join the back of the queue
- It is both illegal and inconsiderate to overstay your time in the zone
This area is operated and supervised by staff until 3pm each afternoon. Any child not collected by 3 pm, will be taken to the Office. Parents of students left regularly on school grounds after 3pm without prior contact to the Office may be reported to the Police and Child Safety.