At Marsden State School we strive to provide a rich and challenging learning program for ALL students. Our aims are:
- To develop literacy, numeracy, problem solving, and social and communication skills.
- To provide a balanced program that covers academic, creative, social and physical activities.
- To recognise and cater for the full range of individual student needs and abilities.
- To encourage students to give their best and to strive for excellence.
Our curriculum framework incorporates the Learning Areas of:
- Humanities and Social Sciences (History, Geography, Civics & Citizenship, Economics)
- Technologies - Digital and Design Technology (incorporates STEM)
- Health and Physical Education
- The Arts - Music, Dance, Drama, Visual Arts
- Language other than English - Chinese
Please view our 2021 English Overview P-6 T1-4.pdf to see what our students are learning in English.
We endeavour to ensure all students experience success in learning through the following key initiatives:
- Embedding Visible Learning practices in all classrooms (e.g. clear learning intentions, success criteria, collaborative goal setting and effective feedback).
- A Guaranteed and Viable curriculum for reading, providing students with additional instruction when required (Tier 2)
- Small group, targeted intervention in reading of up to 4x 30min sessions per week for selected students (Tier 3)
- The integration of Information and Communication Technologies across all curriculum areas.
- School-Wide Positive Behaviour Support (PBL) incorporating social skills programs such as You Can Do It.
- School readiness programs for children from birth to five years (Playgroup, Prep Transition/Orientation etc.)