Welcome to Volunteering at Marsden State School.
Volunteering can be very rewarding, interesting and a lot of fun. We value our volunteers highly and recognise the important role they play in providing a full and effective education for our students. We recognise what a huge contribution they make to the smooth running of our school.
A volunteer is someone who gives their time, talent, energy and expertise freely without charge in a productive way to enhance and enrich our school community. They may be relatives of students or people from our local community who have a passion for helping our school students.
The interaction between our volunteers and our school also enhances our role within our local community and we believe this to be of great value to all.
All volunteers undergo an induction process with our Volunteer Coordinator to familiarise them with the school policies and procedures. At all times we are guided by the Department of Education's COVID safe practices and should restrictions be enforced; our volunteering program will be affected.
The induction will cover the following key areas:
- Orientation to Marsden State School
- Student Protection
- Code of Conduct
- Workplace Health and Safety
All volunteers are required to read and sign our school's Volunteer Agreement. Whilst adults who have a child at Marsden State School are not required to hold a blue card, all other adults must have a blue card to be able to work with the students. This includes grandparents.
There are many ways that our volunteers contribute to the success of our school including classroom support and assisting on excursions. Parents are encouraged to be involved at the school and may provide classroom assistance with prior agreement of the classroom teacher. In the event of an emergency situation the parents and volunteers must follow the instructions of the classroom teacher or other staff member until such time as the emergency is declared to be over.
Other ways to volunteer include; tuckshop, breakfast club, craft club, cultural events, working bees and the P&C committee.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, and complete the Parent Helper Expression of Interest Form. Below is a brief description on what volunteering at this school may entail.
|AREA||TIME AND DETAILS|
- Supporting staff to prepare and serve breakfast for our students.
- Our Breakfast Club operates five mornings a week. Help is needed from 7:45am to 8:20am.
- Assisting the classroom teacher to provide additional student support as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Need volunteers to help run our Father's Day, Mother's Day and Christmas Stalls.
- This group meets every Tuesday.
- Committee to organize our biannual Multicultural Festival.
- Meetings held six times per year from 3:00pm in the Administration Block. Exact dates can be found on the Term Calendars distributed to each family, as well as https://marsdenss.eq.edu.au/our-community/pandc.
- Purpose of the committee is whole of school development and planning including fundraising and excursions.
- Helping prepare tuckshop orders for our students.
- Our tuckshop operates five days a week.
- Any amount of help, big or small is greatly appreciated.